Go Gators! myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics 2007 National Champs x 2

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

"What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word, and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down." It's A Wonderful Life,1946


I am speaking today with Miss K, budding artist, student of kindergarten and one of my precious nieces. Miss K, who spoke from her home in Gville on condition of anonymity, is known for her keen-witted humor, her sense of style and her ability to swim like a fish. She has graciously agreed to allow me to interview her for my blog and a possible article in Rolling Stone Magazine.

Aunt K: Miss K, what did you do at school today?

Miss K: We went swimming. Oh, oh, oh, I have to tell you something. I painted a baby alligator and a frog today at school.

Aunt K: You did? Do you like art?


Miss K: Oh yes, yes.

Aunt K: Were you proud of your alligator? The one you made for your Daddy for Father's Day?

Miss K: YES! He has it at the office on his desk.

Aunt K: Tell me about your fishing trip with Eileen and Uncle D. What happened?

Miss K: Eileen caught a puffer fish. He thought it was a fish.... We ......We.................Where are Eileen and Mo?

Aunt K: E is at camp. Far away in Georgia. He's having a really good time.

Miss K: Where is Mo?

Aunt K: She is here. Using her computer.

Miss K: She doesn't have volleyball..?

Aunt K: She just got back.

Aunt K: So about the fishing trip......

Miss K: Eileen thought it was a fish and he gave it to me. It broke my fishing pole! Once in a while, it breaks my fishing pole and then I can't go fishing, I had to sit there and watch!

Aunt K: Really!?

Miss K: Yes. E was tired. He was watching too.

Aunt K: Did Uncle D catch fish?

Miss K: Nope. He didn't catch fish. We didn't catch ANY fish!

Aunt K: Didn't you tell me you weren't EVER going to go fishing with him any more because he didn't catch any fish?

Miss K: Well.........(long pause) I will go again, next time, as long as we don't stay too long...... Because I had to go the bathroom......about 4 or 5 times.........

Aunt K: I see.....I wonder what Uncle D thought about that?

Miss K: I went with Mommy to paint the other day. They have all these things on the wall with all the colors of paint on them. So you know what it will look like when you use the paints. I used a color, like a skin color, like my mom.

Aunt K: The paint was the color of your Mom's skin?

Miss K: Yes.......... Skin color.

Aunt K: Do you have a boyfriend?

Miss K: No. He's just a friend. He's taller than me because boys are supposed to be taller. Chance is his name.

Aunt K: Champ?

Miss K: Chance.

Aunt K: Chase?

Miss K: Chance. C-H-A-N-C-E

Aunt K: Ahhhh, you are such a good speller, Miss K!

Miss K: You know what I made at school? My fish turned out purple. It started out with black and blue and red and orange. Green and pink and on the back it looks smooth, but it doesn't look like beads, its beads smashed down. Like orange cement. But it's not really cement, its beads. They flipped it over. They did the top first and then they flipped it over.

Aunt K: Tell me about some of your favorites.......what's your favorite, favorite toy?

Miss K: My favorite, favorite, favorite, FAVORITE toy is a seal.....a stuffed seal, momma gave it to me.....It's from Disney World.

Aunt K: Okay......what is your favorite movie?

Miss K: Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. It's a very long movie. First they play hide and go seek and Lucy dashes into the wardrobe.Peter..... Peter?......I saw Mr.........Are you in the computer room? I can hear the bird. Make it start again.

Aunt K: Wait a minute. He'll do it again......There do you hear him?

Miss K: Yeah..............

Aunt K: So.............what is your favorite food?



Miss K: Food? PENNE PASTA!

Aunt K: Did you eat it when you were in Italy?

Miss K: Yes I did!

Aunt K: Did you eat it every single time?

Miss K: Almost every single time! But sometimes, Mr. Dave, Miss Carol, Miss Magg, Daddy, Mommy and Miss Oota came down and we had gnocchi. It looks like a flower middle with nectar. Ask me more about my favorites.

Aunt K: Okay............what are your favorite shoes?

Miss K: Shoes? I know just the shoe! It's the new blue crocs Mommy got for me, orange and blue, gator colors.

Aunt K: Are they comfortable?

Miss K: Yes, they are very comfortable! Ask me something you haven't asked me yet. Like my favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite favorite.

Aunt K: Like what is your favorite............. outfit?

Miss K: Ahhh, my favorite outfit is the Nemo one; it says 'Make a Splash'! Hold on a second................(long pause) Okay.

Aunt K: What do you want to be when you grow up?

Miss K: Oh, I know that. I want to a police.......... to put people in jail.

Aunt K: Bad people?

Miss K: Yes, bad people. People who crash into cars. On purpose.

Aunt K: Do you remember Heidi?

Miss K: Yes. Where is she? Is she in the army?

Aunt K: Yes. Did your mom tell you to say that?

Miss K: No.......... I knew. Is she fighting?

Aunt K: Well.......... she doesn't really fight. She takes care of people who fight............ if they get hurt.

Miss K: Is she on a brown horse? Does she ride a big, brown horse?

Aunt K: No..........she rides in a hummer. Do you know what a Hum V is?

Miss K: Mommy, do we know anyone who has a hummer? Oh... we do. Our neighbor has one.... You know, she could stand up on the horse. There is a white horse in Narnia called Forensa and a brown horse named Philip. She could have a brown horse....

Aunt K: Did you eat your dinner yet?

Miss K: Yes.......... Okay, ask me another question.

Aunt K: What's your favorite music?


Miss K: Music......... I'm A Believer.............by the Monkees.............

Aunt K: When are you coming to see me?

Miss K: I'm not sure........hmmmm.......when am I coming to see Aunt K?............. maybe............she says maybe.......Okay, one more question. What is the question?

Aunt K: What would you like me to tell Heidi?

Miss K: Hmmmm.............. Tell her............... to be safe and............ come home soon.

Aunt K: Okay, bye bye I love you.

Miss K: I love you toooooooo!!

Miss K and her doting Aunt K

No comments: