Go Gators! myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics 2007 National Champs x 2

Friday, November 17, 2006

"Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops" ~
Arsenic and Old Lace, 1944.


And now for something completely different.....

While visiting St. Peter's, Vatican City, Heidi and I found a most interesting item. I say item, because I don't know how else to describe it, and interesting because, well it was. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Heidi had been saying for months we needed to commemorate the trip to Italy by both of us getting a tattoo. I don't know where she gets this 'we' thing. So after a good bit of asking around, making phone calls, polling total strangers and writing things down on tiny sticky notes, we found Sun Vibrations in Rome.



I thought we would never good there. Worse than that, I thought I would never come up with a good reason why I would not be baring my skin for a tattoo. Finally, I came up with a reason. I resorted to my favorite excuse, the one I use all the time.


I blamed Dad.

At first I thought I could get away with waiting in the waiting room. No such luck. I could barely watch. It was easier viewing the proceedings through a mirror.

But as time went on, I got braver and actually got close enough to make a few pictures. There was surprisingly very little blood. Maybe the tattoo artist is just that good. I wish I knew her name, because she was really nice to Heidi and did a great job. So I am told.



I am proud to say Heidi didn't cry once and I only fainted three times.



The tattoo artist has plenty of tattoos of her own.

So does Heidi. If she keeps getting tattoos as 'souvenirs' of everywhere she goes, she's going to look like travel trunk.



The finished product. Just like the one was saw in St. Peters. Oh, and a thousand graves in New England......


When I got home from Italy, I did a little research on the history of the 'winged skull'. I found so much information, I don't know where to start.


The Winged Skull, found in art and architecture, represents 'the frailty of mortal man', but also in the belief death is only the beginning. My research found the symbol to be very popular among the inhabitants of early North American cemeteries, with thousands of graves dating back to the 1600's decorated with the winged skull.


You can see more information at Mr. Robert Paine Carlson wonderful website, Cape Cod Gravestones.

Sun Vibrations is located in Piazza Camerino, Rome, close but not too close, to the San Giovanni stop on the Metro.



Marco and Company will take good care of you.

Tell them Heidi sent you.

No comments: