Go Gators! myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics 2007 National Champs x 2

Monday, March 26, 2007

"Manny Ramirez Wants to Sell You a Grill"

As you know, I don't follow professional baseball, preferring college football and my beloved 'Gators'. However, I stumbled over this recently and I like this man's style.

Manny Ramirez, left fielder for the Boston Red Sox, is apparently known for his "Manny moments" ~ dropping his pants in left field, forgetting there was a game in progress and wandering out of the ballpark or having a pizza delivered to the dugout (good idea). Guess what he has done now?

"Hi, I'm Manny Ramirez. I bought this AMAZING grill for about $4,000 and I used it once. ... but I never have the time to use it because I am always on the road. I would love to sell it and you will get an autographed ball signed by me. Enjoy it, Manny Ramirez."


"I'm a business man, I've got to make a little money," Ramirez has stated.

ESPN says: "The bidding began with the minimum allowed, $3,000, at 1:11 p.m. ET Tuesday and rose throughout the day, reaching $99,999,999 by about midnight, the highest bid the Web site was technically capable of listing. The item was removed from the site when it was discovered the grill might not actually belong to Manny".

I found this last point interesting on numerous levels.

eBay, while able to figure out 'the grill might not belong to Manny', is unable (or unwilling) to stop liars and thieves from sending me dozens of bogus emails a month attempting to defraud me via a fake eBay account. Go figure. Seem they have their priorities and protecting me from the likes of Manny Ramirez is much higher on the list than protecting me from actual predators. But I digress as I often do.

Putting aside the fact the grill may or may not be Manny's, let's think a moment about this. Remember my 'Paula Abduls'? Those juice glasses Aunt Diana sent me years ago that matched my set of iced tea glasses? They once belonged to Paula Abdul who returned them to Williams Sonoma, Rodeo Drive. Aunt Diana snatched them up for me when she worked there and yes, she paid for them. Geez.

I love those glasses and while not having a particular affinity for P.A., many people do and might want to own those pre-celebrity owned vessels.


My idea: auction off items on a non-profit website (not eBay) that have been documented to having actually been owned by the famous (or infamous) and donate the money to charity. There are obviously lots of fools in the sea to take that bait. A good deed could be accomplished while giving people what they obviously want, at the same time. Now when does that ever happen, I ask you?

And now for something completely different. Mr. Fair is one of my all-time favorite people. When he left TMA, we were the worse for it. In this woman's unbiased opinion, Mr. Fair you are totally the bomb.



Much love,

Mom

ps A box of DVDs and books are in the mail along with your clove cigarettes.

No comments: